This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP pe2 and SPL pe1

Started by ROBERT Burtchell, April 18, 2018 · 6 Replies · 97 Views

ROBERT Burtchell

Push ups and mobility. 

scap push ups

 

ROBERT Burtchell

Hey all, just looking for a little feedback before I go over these two movements again tomorrow

Adrian Theopold

I think your body on your pushup looks good, but you probably have to increase ROM a little bit on those.

Meaning chest touching the floor on each rep and also a little bit more protraction at the top, though it's hard to tell from the angle of the camera. The very last part of the standard pushup should feel a bit similar to a scap pushup.

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Robert, well, the body line is good on push up:

-you need to push yourself off from the floor much more. this is necessary also on scapular shrugs.

-more range of motion on push up. reach the floor with the chest.

ROBERT Burtchell
On 4/20/2018 at 5:40 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Robert, well, the body line is good on push up:

-you need to push yourself off from the floor much more. this is necessary also on scapular shrugs.

-more range of motion on push up. reach the floor with the chest.

 

On 4/20/2018 at 1:32 AM, Adrian Theopold said:

I think your body on your pushup looks good, but you probably have to increase ROM a little bit on those.

Meaning chest touching the floor on each rep and also a little bit more protraction at the top, though it's hard to tell from the angle of the camera. The very last part of the standard pushup should feel a bit similar to a scap pushup.

Thank you both for the feedback. I rewatched the before I trained yesterday and noticed how farm I really was from the ground. I was mostly focusing on keeping my body line that I forgot to finish the actual movement correctly.

Christopher Hancox

Everett has mentioned a cue cycle during exercises that has been useful to me.

Each rep, focus on a single cue. Example being, PPT on first rep, chest to floor second rep, full protraction third rep, elbows locked out fourth rep. Then cycle this as you add more reps/sets. As time goes by the cues become instinctive.

Hope this is of some use. 

ROBERT Burtchell
50 minutes ago, Christopher Hancox said:

Everett has mentioned a cue cycle during exercises that has been useful to me.

Each rep, focus on a single cue. Example being, PPT on first rep, chest to floor second rep, full protraction third rep, elbows locked out fourth rep. Then cycle this as you add more reps/sets. As time goes by the cues become instinctive.

Hope this is of some use. 

I've never heard that before.. It makes a lot of sense though. I know the short time I used a trainer, having them yell three or four different ques each rep each set was overload... But, the cycle method sounds like a lot of help. Thanks!