This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL/PE1 - revisited

Started by Petra Kmecová, April 17, 2018 · 6 Replies · 80 Views

Petra Kmecová

Hi everybody, 

My original fl/pe1 formcheck topic goes back to almost a year ago, so I'd rather created a new one. 

I've recently revisited this pe, because of my struggle with pe2. I was formchecked OK on mastery before, but I want to be sure again. 

So what are your thoughts? This is last set of 5*60s, as you can see on my face :-). 

Thanks

 

Guido Franchetti

I think you could  keep your hip angle a bit more open, and perhaps shoulders also a bit closer to the ground. That will make it slightly harder. Also the video shows hands with palms down and for me it feels more natural that way, but I do not know if that is important. But I'd say it is essentially fine!

Most likely, the problem is not that your PE1 isn't good enough, but that PE2 probably comes from tortures used in hell...

I've been stuck on it for more than a year (probably much more, I don't even want to check). Recently moved to 4x48 and was happy about it, but last couple of workouts I couldn't complete that step :( I think I could master PE3 in a breeze, maybe PE5 too. But rocks... And I dread the thought of PE4 and PE6. (sorry for the rant!)

Petra Kmecová

Haah, thanks @Guido Franchetti. No worries, I know what I'm up to. And it has been almost a year for me too on PE2 (9 months for sure) and I'm stuck in hell. And what's the worst thing about it, that endurance is not a problem.... Or at least it didn't occur yet, because I don't seems to be able to get the technique right. There's still a bit of momentum in my knees. It might be one of those exercises that needs "hands on" approach for me. Unfortunatelly. 

And as for your comments on my pe1... I'm now not sure, because I'm activeky trying to lift my shoulders off the ground to be at this level. That was the correction I was given by @Jeffrey Bittner in my first formchecks.

So, I'd really like some coach to formcheck this. 

Thanks

Adrian Theopold

The face is epic, wasn't sure wether it was due to the exercise or due to the music :P.

Btw, nice effort! To me you form looks rock solid (haha, that joke....).

Petra Kmecová

Not funny @Adrian Theopold, not funny. 

Jeffrey Bittner

It looks pretty good, Petra! Work on opening your hips to a 45 degree angle. Also, try to keep your head in a neutral position during your hold (try looking at the ceiling).

Petra Kmecová

Thanks @Jeffrey Bittner, I'll continue to work on those pointers.

Have a nice day :-)