This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/PE6 form feedback

Started by George Traganidas 235308, April 17, 2018 · 7 Replies · 136 Views

George Traganidas 235308

Can you please provide me with feedback on my form?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FFXx7acyBq8UyWCac_kMuA-7XKnNrD3g

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z0kLuUkz8ZvLeXEUViicPr7Ia95OqTcT

I have great difficulty doing the Strength part. I cannot lift my legs up to hands and when I lift them as much as I can, I can feel me using my arms and shoulders to lift up. It feels more like an arm exercise than an ab one. I also tried to experiment with different types of grip, but the results is still the same. More of an arm workout than abs. The guys in the video make it look so easy :) What am I missing?

Thanks,

George

Alessandro Mainente

Hi George it is simply a lack of mobility.

I'm going to ask you to post the video of the jeffeson curl and pike lean.

Meanwhile, consider to widening the grip. it can reduce the amount of lats work.

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI George , As I was suspecting the major problem on the PE is the range of motion which is limited by the posterior chain. You need to increase the range of motion on the jefferson curl at the point where you can easily reach past the edge of the wood cube with the wrists.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks for the feedback. I will keep working at both the Jefferson Curls and MN/PE6. I will widen the grip as you recommended. It looks like a looooong road ahead :) 

George Traganidas 235308

I have put a swiss ball at my back and I can now push harder against it and get my feet up to my hands. My lower back is coming off a lot from the ball. It still very hard for me to do the move, but at least I can get my feet up and work from there. There is still a lot of tension and muscle pain at my front shoulder muscles as I am at the top of the move. It feels like I am doing a front lever move (I think).

Can you please provide me with feedback on my form?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1O-FDGG9BF6uHMS98J7YHIUYq6qQCddNg

Regards,

George

Alessandro Mainente

HI George, before performing the eccentric is better to reach the full compression. in case of pain in the front of the shoulder is because the shoulder has some tension, my suggestion is seeing a PT so that you check and work specifically for these tensions.

George Traganidas 235308

Thanks for the feedback Alessandro. I will keep working on the compression and stretch my shoulders. I think that there is some chronic muscle tightness there.