This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Cossack Squats

Started by Sam Jarvis, April 16, 2018 · 1 Replies · 50 Views

Sam Jarvis

Hello, I'm currently on Step 9 SLS / PE 6 5 x 10r (Cossack Squats) and Twisting Squats for mobility.  A couple questions:

-  I can complete the Cossack Squats but my mobility is such that I can't go all the way down to the ground when doing a rep.  Should I advance to the next step?

-  When I do the Twisting Squats, it doesn't feel stable, and it hurts the outside of my knees and I'm afraid I'm going to injure myself. Is there a way to modify this exercise?

Thanks

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Sam,

thanks for reaching out.

We recommend to stay on this progression until the mobility element is mastered. You should however never push through pain during any movement. 

For the twisting squats I recommend to start off with slow negatives starting from standing tall. In order to come off the ground you may hold on to a stall bar/squat rack/bench. 

Feel free to shoot us a video of your attempt :)