So....
Without a long introduction my immediate strength goals at the moment are a 10 sec freestanding handstand with a tuck-up. A bar muscle-up(not slow/controlled) and I want to work towards back lever or front lever but not sure which would be more beneficial to focus on to keep my body balanced with the other goals I would think working the back lever would be more beneficial but I would love some input on that. My immediate flexibility goal is the side splits.
I'll start off with what I do to train my flexibility:
Every morning when I wake up I go through joint mobility routine from Thomas Kurz stretching scientifically. I follow this with a static stretching routine for the splits. This routine includes stretches(in order) for lower back, glutes, groin, calves, hamstrings, inner thigh?, psoas, quad and then a stretch where I lie on my back and hold a straddle in the air. My flexibility started off so bad(and still is very poor) that I am seeing noticeable improvements without having to incorporate anything beyond static stretching( I have gleaned that active flexibility is important but haven't tried to figure out how/when/if to incorporate that yet). Here is a schedule of when I do the splits specific stretching routine:
Sun: morning; night
Mon:morning; pwo cooldown; night
Tuesday: morning; night
wednesday: morning; pwo cooldown; night
thursday:morning; night
Friday: morning only
Saturday: morning; afternoon
Sunday: morning; night
My routine for strength workouts is Monday/Wednesday/Friday:
Joint mobility warmup
Wrist routine
Idos shoulder stability routine
Idos squat clinic
Idos scapula mobility routine ( was in such poor condition at the beginning that these warmups were almost a workout
)
10-15 minutes of handstand kickup/tuckup and wall alignment drills interspersed with straddle and L-sit floor compression exercises
Gatherings movement(first beginner variation from the video Ido showed basically from frog stance to headstand working on getting vertical every rep of every set, still very challenging)
Dips 3 sets of 5 reps. These are on P-bars and I think they are similar to russian dips. I am holding onto the dip handles of a power tower and pushing up from a pause then lowering down pausing( my dip ROM is pretty good I think) and then trying to lower my elbows doing negatives until I lose control and let go(does that make any sense)
Pullup superset 3 sets. Another set described by Ido. Wide grip pullups with a 3 sec (mississipi) negative followed by shoulder width 3 sec negative followed by chinups 3 second negative. It usually works out to 4X3X3 for the sets. Occasionally I can get 5 but I make sure to stop 1 rep before failure on each attempt.
Cooldown is the splits routine.
Sometimes on Tuesdays or Thursdays I will go down to the beach and practice kicking up into handstands with no wall(this is important for me, I just started this week but learning to accept and control the fear of falling on my butt is important
)
Anyways heres a couple of pictures, I thought my shoulders were more open than they are. Obviously the alignment isn't good I am not trying to straighten off the wall in these just wanted to see how open my shoulders were.


My main concerns are whether and how I should program my handstand skill work throughout the week or if I just do it whenever I feel not worn down/find time to do it basically GTG'ing it. Also my strength work I'm a bit confused about but it seems OK for now, I'd like to work as optimally as possible however hence why I'm asking for help
And finally how to program/periodize it all. As it is I just do the same thing for 8 weeks. Try to increase reps on the exercises and then rest after 8 weeks usually by cutting a few workouts and then reevaluate where I am.
Any suggestions, ideas, recommended courses of action or reading are all welcome.