This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mid split challenges

Started by Hogne Kirkebø, April 12, 2018 · 0 Replies · 97 Views

Hogne Kirkebø

During all the exercises of the mid split where legs are straight, I get strong discomfort in the area of inner part of the knee. When I'm looking at anatomy pictures it seems that its the MCL  (Medial collateral ligament). When doing the vertical frog I have improved the last couple of weeks, but now I have starting to get a popping in this ligament when moving from side to side.
 

When resting in knee tucks, I feel a compression discomfort in my front hips, and this is the same when doing deep squats with or without weight. 

On the other side it seems I have extremely good mobility in the piriformis exercise. 

Any good suggestions? Im doing these very carefully not to do any damage.