This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/pe2-3 mobility check

Started by Ronnicky Roy, April 11, 2018 · 5 Replies · 72 Views

Ronnicky Roy

 

Jeffrey Bittner

It's looking good, @Ronnicky Roy!

I recommend reducing the rotation of the torso slightly and focusing more on rotating the shoulder joint. As the weight is behind you, regardless of the direction you are circling the weight, your shoulder should be in shoulder extension. The pivot between shoulder flexion and shoulder extension (and vice versa) will happen while your arm is held directly beside your ear.

Awesome job so far, keep it up!

Ronnicky Roy
On 4/11/2018 at 11:15 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

It's looking good, @Ronnicky Roy!

I recommend reducing the rotation of the torso slightly and focusing more on rotating the shoulder joint. As the weight is behind you, regardless of the direction you are circling the weight, your shoulder should be in shoulder extension. The pivot between shoulder flexion and shoulder extension (and vice versa) will happen while your arm is held directly beside your ear.

Awesome job so far, keep it up!

Hey Jeff, did a couple sets again this morning. Felt pretty good. Have reduced the twisting at the hips some, but I'm sure could use a little more work. Quick progress update

 

Ronnicky Roy

I saw what you referring to before, which makes sense since my shoulder extension does not compare to my shoulder flexion at this time

Jeffrey Bittner

You're headed in the right direction! As your shoulder extension improves, this exercise will get easier. I recommend including a supine shoulder extension stretch into your daily routine. Doing 3-5 sets per day of a 30-45 second stretch will be beneficial as you move forward.

Ronnicky Roy

Like the Table mobility from FL/pe2?