This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Thoracic bridge and shoulder strength

Started by Stefan Steigerwald, April 9, 2018 · 2 Replies · 124 Views

Stefan Steigerwald

I have problem pushing up into a thoracic bridge so right now my elbows are always bent while doing a thoracic bridge and I can only hold it for a short time. I'm wondering if it would make sense to strengthen the shoulders by doing an exercise like "military press". 

In see that all kind of body parts are being worked on in the foundation course but the shoulders are being left out so some isolated shoulder workout like "military press" would make sense to me until you can do the thoracic bridge push ups in the course.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Stefan, unfortunately, the military has nothing to do with the ability to push into the bridge position.

SImply:

-in the position where you need to begin from the bridge, use the wall. stand in front of it, kick into the handstand position and then walk with the hands away from the wall;

-in the exercise where you need to pushup int the bridge simply reach the bridge as before and perform a slow negative.

the inability to pushup is a combination of so much strong tissue limitations, so strong that your muscles are not able to overcome it, and pushing into the bridge seems to be impossible.

Stefan Steigerwald

Thank you! I guess in order to do this I first have to do some of the Handstand One course, which I have already bought but just didn't have enough motivation to do. :)