Is this the right idea here? this is set 5/5 thanks for feedback!
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Caleb Mcmahan, April 9, 2018 · 3 Replies · 82 Views
Is this the right idea here? this is set 5/5 thanks for feedback!
HI Caleb, the exercise must be strongly revisited.
The main problem is the grip, actually, you are pulling with a prone grip and switching with neutral grip only at the top of the movement while the primary goal is to use a neutral grip from the beginning.
The other thing I see here is that you're arching your back a LOT. Your abdominals have to bring the front of your pelvis up to level even before the lats start pulling the elbows down.
A cue to reduce this:
If it's too hard to pull upwards, then try a static hold at the bottom, halfway up, and at the top, for 10 seconds each (I had to start this element using isometrics because of previous shoulder injuries).
Respect for doing this in Hawaii. The humidity would kill me!
Wonderful feedback thank you both! “...Strongly revisited” lol! I’m going to revisit the hell out of these pointers before I attempt another rep
Nick- haha thanks. Gets a little warm for sure but fortunate to have the beach close by to cool off in.