This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Handstand frequency

Started by Christopher Denzer, April 9, 2018 · 2 Replies · 223 Views

Christopher Denzer

Hi forum:

I do the HS1 and 2 + Thoracic bridge series once a week. I have made very slow progress in my HS. Has anyone tried 2xweek HS training or does this seem like too much volume? Of course everyone has different recovery, etc, but has anyone successfully worked it into their routines?

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Chris,

In the case that your handstand training is not progressing as fast as you’d like then the next step would be to add a 2nd handstand day into your training routine.

Eventually l, handstands will be incorporated into your Foundation training anyway so it’s best to start slow in adding volume, starting with adding an extra day.

I find that, for most people, 2-3x handstand training a week is the ideal training stimulus.

Its just a matter of making sure your handstand days are on opposite ends of he week to ensure proper recovery.

Christopher Denzer

Thanks for the feedback, Mikey. I'm not sure I understood your comment about how handstands would be incorporated into my Foundation training anyway. I'm following Coach's prescribed programming for Foundation, where he puts together H1/H2 + TB on one day and the rest of the week is Upper Body, Core, etc. Is there somewhere else handstands come into the series?