This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP-PE3 Form Check

Started by Josh Shaw, April 9, 2018 · 6 Replies · 120 Views

Josh Shaw

I couldn't find my original post, but I was working on these a while back.  Unrelated injuries caused me to take time off and build back up.  I don't think these are perfect, but I think I'm getting close.  One thing I do notice is that as soon as I start my first rep, I lose the extension in my ankles.  I did notice in the follow along video the athletes do have some ankle flexion, though I also notice Orench constantly readjusting throughout the set.  Am I worrying about something that's not really a big deal?  If it is something I need to fix, any suggestions how to do that?  Anything else I need to work on?  Thanks.

 

Josh Shaw

bump for feedback

Ronnicky Roy

Pin your heels together and keep toes pointed so as to maintain your lean.

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Josh,

Your trouble seems to be coming from your body alignment. When you start, lengthen your body like a dart. As you protract, it’s not necessary to curl your spine. Rather, the focus should be to widen the space between the shoulder blades.

This will help you keep your body tension as you perform your pseudo planche push ups. As you get stronger in this position, you will be able to lighten the load on your feet.

 

Josh Shaw

Took a couple steps back and tried to work on my form a bit more.  Are these better?

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Josh,

These are definitely better. Im sure its pretty harder than your form before too. ;)

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Josh Shaw said:

Took a couple steps back and tried to work on my form a bit more.  Are these better?

 

Spreading the heels apart is a common natural compensation when holding the lean becomes harder and harder. hold them together.