This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hip Taps - first time doing all 10 reps

Started by Chris Umiastowski, April 7, 2018 · 4 Replies · 129 Views

Chris Umiastowski

Hey GB gang!  After about 14 months (I think?) of regularly doing the Thoracic Bridge series on Fridays, I have finally managed to crank out all 10 reps of this Hip Tap exercise.   My form is improving and I feel that my stability is now pretty good.

Keep in mind that when I started I thought I was strong (LOL) but couldn't even take one hand off the floor for this exercise. So I practised shifting most of my weight to one hand and then the other.  Months later I managed to quickly raise one hand at a time .. and finally now I can do the reps.

Feedback is very welcome.

 

Leigh Kettle

Awesome to hear this chris

At the minute i feel my hand will never come off the floor to be able to do one let alone 10

your weight shifting thing is a great idea gonna give this a go now I’m finally comfortable in my holds 

awesome work mate 

all the best 

Leigh 

Mikey Cunanan

Awesome work Chris! These are tough as nails. A huge accomplishment for sure.

I suggest trying the shoulder tap variation for a while to allow you to become more familiar with the concept of shifting your weight from this position.

From there, work towards narrowing your feet placement. That would be a great place to start.

Alessandro Mainente
On 7/4/2018 at 7:09 PM, Chris Umiastowski said:

Hey GB gang!  After about 14 months (I think?) of regularly doing the Thoracic Bridge series on Fridays, I have finally managed to crank out all 10 reps of this Hip Tap exercise.   My form is improving and I feel that my stability is now pretty good.

Keep in mind that when I started I thought I was strong (LOL) but couldn't even take one hand off the floor for this exercise. So I practised shifting most of my weight to one hand and then the other.  Months later I managed to quickly raise one hand at a time .. and finally now I can do the reps.

Feedback is very welcome.

 

Hands are too wide, this will make the little change of cog harder to be balanced. shoulder closer to the ears here is imperative.

Dan Ordoins
On 4/12/2018 at 3:39 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hands are too wide, this will make the little change of cog harder to be balanced. shoulder closer to the ears here is imperative.

I think the same with me. Arms closer in together.