This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Determining weight for mobility exercises

Started by Olle Kjellqvist, April 7, 2018 · 1 Replies · 148 Views

Olle Kjellqvist

A couple of exercises (like russian twists) and several mobility exercises (like xiaopeng, Jefferson curl etc) use weights.

I'd like some perspective on how to go about choosing the weights.

 

Things I would like to consider: Stretch depth, strength, mobility and endurance progressions, risks of injury

 

/O

Fiona Silk

I just go by what feels achievable. The Xiapeng, if I go too heavy I feel tired and that affects the next set. As I'm new to Jefferson curls, I don't go heavy on them either. 

I think just exercising (har har) common sense and noticing how you feel will serve you well, at least until you're a year or more into the series and can make more informed choices, based on your experience.