This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Extra compression help

Started by Christopher Denzer, April 6, 2018 · 6 Replies · 199 Views

Christopher Denzer

Hi forum:

has anyone got any additional exercises that help develop better compression? L-sits cause the tops of my thighs to cramp up. 

 

Jin Liu

I'm not at this progression yet. I remember the V-to-L Hanging Leg Lift used to make my thighs cramp too. Esp. if you try to slow down and pause at the very top... That might be a good place to revisit for more compression strength.

Alessandro Mainente

Are you following additional work for hamstring like the front split course?

also can you post the last IM mastered please?

Jon Douglas

I get this a lot.

The fix for me has been many many Lsits :D All things being equal, fatiguing the quads forces better form in Lsits/ straddle Ls, for me, as the hip flexors tend to be undertrained and tight in adults and the biceps femoris tends to take over in athletes with quad dominance. Recently there was a blog article on active hip flexibility that reminded me of this rather unpleasant adaptation experience :D

Please note the 'all things being equal, 'obviously a video of your Lsit may expose a different issue :)

Mats Trane
On 2018-04-06 at 5:43 PM, Christopher Denzer said:

Hi forum:

has anyone got any additional exercises that help develop better compression? L-sits cause the tops of my thighs to cramp up. 

 

Try these:

 

 

Christopher Denzer

Thanks for the suggestions.  @Jin Liu, @Mats Trane, @Jon Douglas . I’ve been doing the stretch series for a couple of years now and I’ll do my best to find the time to do 5x5 L scissors, @Alessandro Mainente. 

Christopher Denzer

@Mats TraneYour first suggestion was perfect, Mats. I have already noticed some increases.