This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Kneck Pain from Body Lever Straddle (FL/PE7)

Started by Eddie Ball, April 4, 2018 · 11 Replies · 121 Views

Eddie Ball

I've built up to these a couple times, and every time I start performing these again, I seem to get pain in my neck and upper back. Might be my whole trapezius muscle but I"m not sure. Any suggestions on what I may be doing wrong and how to correct?

 

Thanks,

Eddie

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Eddie,

Would you mind posting a video? Providing us with a visual will help us to give you better feedback.

Jon Douglas

Until you are able to post a video, please be aware of relaxing your neck and not pushing the back of your head into the floor which is easy to do :)

Eddie Ball

Hey Jeffrey and Jon, thanks for offering to help!

On each rep I did it slightly differently. On the first rep I tried to stay on top of my traps/shoulder blades. On the second I was more hollow and on my spine/neck. Any feedback greatly appreciated! Thanks again!!

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Eddie, do not worry to much. pretty common in people with tight neck, muscle, and spine extensor. simply use a bench so that your head is completely off from the upper back support. I still have to use this equipment to avoid neck problem.

stretch trap.png

 

 

Eddie Ball
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Hey Eddie, do not worry to much. pretty common in people with tight neck, muscle, and spine extensor. simply use a bench so that your head is completely off from the upper back support. I still have to use this equipment to avoid neck problem.

 

1

Hey Alessandro, thanks for the tip! Should I be squeezing my shoulder blades in or let them relax so I'm in of a hollow position?

Alessandro Mainente

The hollow position comes directly from mastering the hollow body rocks. So if you did it.....................

Eddie Ball
3 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The hollow position comes directly from mastering the hollow body rocks. So if you did it.....................

Haha I did the hollow body rocks, several cycles of them actually (and yes, I hated every single cycle lol). My question is are you supposed to be hollow when you do the straddle levers. At least when I was on the matt, it seemed to put more pressure on my neck, which feltwrong. Lying on top of my shoulder blades felt like it relieved pressure from my neck.

Alessandro Mainente

Always Eddie, consider that if you straddle more than 90° you will automatically lose the PPT.

Eddie Ball
11 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Always Eddie, consider that if you straddle more than 90° you will automatically lose the PPT.

Got it, always stay hollow. What is PPT?

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Eddie,

PPT stands for posterior pelvic tilt.

Eddie Ball

Oh, okay, thanks for all the help!