This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Seated flexion reps weighted bar

Started by Leigh Kettle, April 4, 2018 · 17 Replies · 174 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys 

may I have a form check please of this exercise 

I end the video showing the width of my hands for clarification 

many thanks 

Leigh 

https://youtu.be/KtXbAVshdVY

Ronnicky Roy

Focus on keeping your chest down. Looks like you're bowing from your start position. But as for the PE, you want to bring your arms back and forth. Not just holding the end position while leaning. Think shrugging up and pulling back, hold for 2, then bring arms forward in front a bit before the next rep.

Leigh Kettle
3 minutes ago, Ronnicky Roy said:

Focus on keeping your chest down. Looks like you're bowing from your start position. But as for the PE, you want to bring your arms back and forth. Not just holding the end position while leaning. Think shrugging up and pulling back, hold for 2, then bring arms forward in front a bit before the next rep.

Thanks ronnicky 

Can you explain a cue for me when you say keep chest down  as I can’t visualise what you mean . Do you mean to pull it in more ? Sorry for sounding thick here

also totally get what you mean about the back and forth motion will work on this

thank you 

Leigh 

Ronnicky Roy
8 minutes ago, Leigh Kettle said:

Thanks ronnicky 

Can you explain a cue for me when you say keep chest down  as I can’t visualise what you mean . Do you mean to pull it in more ? Sorry for sounding thick here

also totally get what you mean about the back and forth motion will work on this

thank you 

Leigh 

Yes and no about the pull more. What helped me was thinking of point my sternum down to the floor at an angle while pulling. If your chest is high it means you're bending from the thoracic to compensate a bit for your shoulders. So, perhaps pull more. But keep your chest down and you'll see if you need to pull more.

Leigh Kettle
5 minutes ago, Ronnicky Roy said:

Yes and no about the pull more. What helped me was thinking of point my sternum down to the floor at an angle while pulling. If your chest is high it means you're bending from the thoracic to compensate a bit for your shoulders. So, perhaps pull more. But keep your chest down and you'll see if you need to pull more.

Got you 

ok I’ll work on this next time around 

thank you for your help 

Leigh 

Leigh Kettle

Hi ronnicky @Ronnicky Roy

I’ve tried to incorporate your tips this evening is this any better

Many thanks for your help

https://youtu.be/PIt3ZQBvv0o

Ronnicky Roy

It looks better, but do another video directly from the side so I can see it clearer. Back was definitely straighter so kudos there : D

Ronnicky Roy

It looks better, but do another video directly from the side so I can see it clearer. Back was definitely straighter so kudos there : D

 

 

Leigh Kettle

Thanks ronnicky will do 

to be honest the light was fading so video could have been better anyway 

will do another for you 

many thanks 

Ronnicky Roy

Here I'll show you where I'm at on this too

 

Lifted weights today so I'm fatigued. That aside, I always warmup with the pe1 mobility so I can feel the end position. Then go into the pe3 reps. I need to pull my ribs down, (which is the sternum to the floor cue I mentioned ) and pull my shoulders open more. Since those muscles were weak, I compensated with bending at the chest or thoracic 

Ronnicky Roy

But yes, for this mobility some of the moderators want to see side profile, facing the camera and back to the camera. So they can see any differences from your left to right side as well

Alessandro Mainente

nice execution, check that the grip is closer to shoulder width then you can move on.

Leigh Kettle

Hey ronnicky @Ronnicky Roy

did another video for you as requested 

lovely work on yours I can see what your cues are for sure 

https://youtu.be/ett2QvX0el0

many thanks 

Ronnicky Roy
3 minutes ago, Leigh Kettle said:

Hey ronnicky @Ronnicky Roy

did another video for you as requested 

lovely work on yours I can see what your cues are for sure 

https://youtu.be/ett2QvX0el0

many thanks 

Looks good. Your shoulders open up more and more throughout the set. *thumbs up*

Leigh Kettle

Thanks for speedy reply 

will keep working on your cues just really appreciate your help

 . Yours look soooo nice  man - goals

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys

can I move on from these yet in terms of an acceptable level  or do you require more from me - been working on them since my last post 

many thanks 

leigh 

https://youtu.be/Cx6HjJAqaD4

Jeffrey Bittner

Hey Leigh,

Be careful not to arch your spine as you do this exercise. You can see in your video that you tend to push your chest and stomach forward when your shoulders are in full flexion. Focus on keeping your spine straight while only opening your shoulder angle. You are ok to move forward, but I recommend including these as part of your daily warm up to keep improving on them.

Leigh Kettle

Great Jeffrey many thanks and I’ve already put them into my warm up plan 

Leigh