This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Flat Thoracic Spine

Started by Clay O'Neil, April 3, 2018 · 3 Replies · 2,556 Views

Clay O'Neil

Hi,

I have an extremely flat T-spine and I am not sure whether I should work on T-spine flexion or T-spine extension to remedy this.  It seems like if I want my T-spine to get more of a curve, I should work on flexion, however, my flexion seems to be OK while my extension is very poor.  Can someone please give me guidance on this issue and possibly some exercises to do?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Clay it depends only on one factor: the spine is a structural problem (related to muscles imbalances) or is a bone genetic problem? the first option can be managed with a PT, on the other side, nothing can be done in the second case.

the first suggestion is that you MUST understand in what case you lie.

Clay O'Neil

Hi Alessandro, I went in to the doctor and they said I have a healthy spine as far as bone genetics go. Are there any workouts you can recommend for this?

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

Probably an I'm saying probably stretching the abs, the glutes, the hamstring and the abs.