This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hip Pinch in Seal Rock / Childs Pose

Started by Kevin Seymour, April 2, 2018 · 6 Replies · 132 Views

Kevin Seymour

I'm getting some discomfort in one of my hips that prevents me from going further into the stretch.  It's like a pinching feeling near the front of my hip bone.  This happens during the back portion of seal rock (a.k.a. yoga Child's Pose).

Has anyone else experienced this? Or has an idea what it might be?

Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Kevin it is with high probability the anterior hip capsule due to poo internal rotation of the legs.

Kevin Seymour

That makes sense! My internal rotation mobility is very bad.  I'll work on that for awhile and see how it goes.

Thanks.

Diana Grantham

Hi Kevin, 

I too have experienced this pain and noticed it for years while doing yoga. However, I have managed to find some relief with stretching the psoas and more recently some targeted hip flexor exercises that seem to relax it.  Internal rotation mobility is still atrocious. Good luck!

Kevin Seymour

Well the issue is pretty much totally gone now. Hard to say what was the factor to change it since strength/flexibility has improved in both hip flexor and internal rotation. Plus all the other middle split front split stuff.

Good to know this is something that can be fixed!

Pauline Taube

That’s great to hear Kevin! 

Feel free to share your progress with us :) 

Alessandro Mainente
20 hours ago, Kevin Seymour said:

Well the issue is pretty much totally gone now. Hard to say what was the factor to change it since strength/flexibility has improved in both hip flexor and internal rotation. Plus all the other middle split front split stuff.

Good to know this is something that can be fixed!

I think that the piriformis stretching will improve the problem.