i am junior coach

Started by Edward Smith, January 25, 2008 · 2 Replies · 11,612 Views

Edward Smith

hey everyone,

just got a job at my local ymca (where i do gymnastics) as a junior coach, im taking a girls class. Anybody have any tips, suggestions any advice?

kbryk

I'm not a coach or anything, but if I were to say one of the most important things is to earn their trust, they will never want to try anything if they do not trust you, you have to show that you will be there as a friend and a coach at the same time. Joke around with them, ask how they are doing stuff like that so they will be comfortable.

Blairbob

Hopefully, there is some sort of curriculum you can follow and coach through.

If not, I reccomend doing some reading through drillsandskills.com and gymnasticscoaching.com

There should be some resources there that will show progression lists.