This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1

Started by Andrew Molina, April 1, 2018 · 13 Replies · 120 Views

Andrew Molina

 

Hi,

Thanks in advance for reviewing. My form questions are:

1. Is my head positioning correct on the headstand?

2. Is me knee position important? I know it isn't exactly the same as the example video

3. What weight should the weighted bar mobility be? And is my shoulder positioning correct?

 

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Andrew, the head is ok, the position of the knees must be under the tricep with the bone under the tricep and not with the quad in contact with the lateral edge of the upper arm. the mastery for the IM is 5 lbs at shoulder width.

Andrew Molina

@Alessandro Mainente Got it, thank you! I will submit another video with proper form when I have the chance.

For the IM, is my shoulder/arm position correct?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, they seem to be ok, a back view without t shirt will take off any possible doubts.

Andrew Molina

 

Hi @Alessandro Mainente, here is a video with the shirt off as you mentioned. Is my arm/shoulder position correct? Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

First the grip should be further reduced. Also look carefully at 16 seconds, your right shoulder is closer to the ear compared to the left one. this means a bit of asymmetrical work. I suggest you use a mirror in order to fix this problem until it becomes an habit.

Andrew Molina

Hey @Alessandro Mainente, thanks for the response.

What do you mean by "further reducing" the grip? Does that mean less distance between hands?

Also, I think I'm unclear what mastery looks like for this exercise, since there is no Technique video.

Is it important for my shoulders to be close to my ears? 

What are the important parts of this exercise?

Alessandro Mainente

Yes, I mean the distance between the hands that must be "shoulder width".

The closer the shoulders are to the ears..higher is the specificity of the exercise for handstand work.

the main goals are:

-full flexion that mean shoulders opened up to 180°

-weighted bar of 3-5 lbs.

-shoulder width grip.

 

 

Andrew Molina

Thank you!

Kevin Shaw

Hey Andrew, I had the same questions so thanks for that.

Allesandro  (or anyone else for that matter), can you explain what you mean by "full flexion - shoulders opened up to 180 degrees"?

Thanks

Mikey Cunanan
3 minutes ago, Kevin Shaw said:

Hey Andrew, I had the same questions so thanks for that.

Allesandro  (or anyone else for that matter), can you explain what you mean by "full flexion - shoulders opened up to 180 degrees"?

Thanks

You are correct. Full flexion, in fact, means to open your shoulders to 180 degrees.

Kevin Shaw

Hey Mikey

Thanks for the response. The "shoulders opened up to 180 degrees" was just a quote from Allesandro. Sorry I'm a bit slow on this one :-). I am having trouble picturing what "shoulders opened to 180 degrees" actually looks like?

Thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

We mean that there must be a single straight line from your hips up to your hands passing from the shoulder.

Kevin Shaw

Got it. Thank you.