This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE3 day 1

Started by Ronnicky Roy, March 31, 2018 · 12 Replies · 116 Views

Ronnicky Roy

After 15 recorded failed attempts I finally managed this glimmer of success:

 

 

Far from mastery, but will be updating 

Garry Barker

Hey

If you put your elbows closer together you should find it alot easier to keep balance.

Ronnicky Roy

Yea, I've been playing around with the elbow placement and feeling an even spread of pressure across the forearms. I tend to pivot my weight on my head/elbows. It's only when I press arms down firmly that I feel the pressure across the forearms.

Garry Barker

Yeah you'll know when your getting there because there seems to be no pressure on the forearms. I found once you get use to the change in arm position you master this alot quicker than PE2. 

Nice IM's btw.

Ronnicky Roy

Appreciate it : D, been attacking mobility pretty aggressively 

Jon Douglas

Coming along :) you're getting the ribs into a much better position as the set goes on, which will pay off significantly when you get on your hands.

Ronnicky Roy
8 hours ago, Garry Barker said:

Yeah you'll know when your getting there because there seems to be no pressure on the forearms. I found once you get use to the change in arm position you master this alot quicker than PE2. 

Nice IM's btw.

Dude, you were not kidding lol. I did 3 sets back to back of 60s

I muted the vid, but I have a metronome in the background. I didn't count my set until I straightened myself out about the 30 second mark. This is 3rd set.

Ronnicky Roy

I definitely could have done 5. Might do these again tomorrow.

Garry Barker

Nice one!  Straightening yourself out will be a doddle in a couple of weeks!

I keep doing these every handstand night just to make sure i don't lose the feeling while im stuck on the floor at PE5.

Ronnicky Roy

Yea, that's what I was thinking looking ahead. Do you do a single 2 minute hold in your warmup for maintenance?

Alessandro Mainente

A single set of 60'' in the warm up is fine.

Garry Barker

I find i get aches in my upper back if i do more than 1 minute.

I do 3 x 1 mins 

Ronnicky Roy

Trained weights today, so I did the pe3 mobility to limber up the shoulders. Figured I'd submit for form check

I'm over pulling these past 180 degrees again, just for extra stretch. I'll resubmit at 180 when I test mastery tomorrow for the pe