This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Best App for tracking macros?

Started by Antonio Alías Montoya, March 30, 2018 · 5 Replies · 66 Views

Antonio Alías Montoya

Hi dear athletes and coaches,

so which app do you think is the best for tracking macros and calorie intake? I ve been using Cronometer for some time and it s fine, but I was wondering if there is a better app that I don t know about it. I ve searched and there are a lot but I don t want to try everything and find myself what is better, specially if some of you already know the best or bests. 

I like cronometer but many many times I can t find food that we eat in spain, like many cheeses and fishes, so I have to choose another food instead. Few weeks ago I was eating "palometa" which seemed to be permit fish in english and no sign about it in Cronometer, hahaha.

Thanks!

 

Jennifer Marie

Hi Antonio, I've only ever used MyFitnessPal. You can add in items if it's not on the list already, including full recipes for things you eat most often, so you can count macros for a soup or other meal in one click. It's not perfect, but it works well enough for me.

Antonio Alías Montoya
9 minutes ago, Jennifer Marie said:

Hi Antonio, I've only ever used MyFitnessPal. You can add in items if it's not on the list already, including full recipes for things you eat most often, so you can count macros for a soup or other meal in one click. It's not perfect, but it works well enough for me.

That sounds really good. I should give a try. Thanks!

Everett Carroll

FitGenie is a cool program and Cronometer is nice for viewing macro and micronutrients. I switch between the two, depending on what I'm interested in tracking. FitGenie is the easiest to use macro counter I've found and there is a handy barcode scanner just like Cronometer. I use it mainly to ensure I'm eating enough starch (carbs). Having trained with us in Flagstaff for a while, Antonio, you know how much I need to eat ;) It's a tough life, lol. 

Antonio Alías Montoya

Thanks @Everett Carroll. I ve searched on play store for fit genie and couldn t find it. I went to their wep page and the say is only for ios devices. Maybe i m not understanding something...

I remember very well how much you need to eat! Hahaha.

Petra Kmecová

2 years ago I was into tracking my macros and calories and tried most of android friendly apps.

And I agree with @Jennifer Marie - MyFitnessPal seemed to me to be the best one... With a lot of foods already logged in, you can create your own recipes or add food you cannot find on the list.