This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

L-sit stall

Started by Christopher Denzer, March 28, 2018 · 8 Replies · 109 Views

Christopher Denzer

Hi forum:

I have been stuck on 4x12s on the L-sit for a while now. I've gone back a few elements and restarted more than once, submitted feedback and gotten a pass to continue, but eventually just get stuck here. At the 4th set of 12 seconds, I just start to fall apart (not to mention run out of breath). This is a really stupid question about adaptation. If I keep working at 4x12 seconds, over and over, will my body adapt to that and eventually it will become easier? Or do I have to increase something, the time under tension, the load, the number of sets, for it to eventually get easier? I'll submit video of my last set for reference. 

Everett Carroll

Hey Christopher, 

Drop down half a step and see if you can't increase the total hold time using slightly less time per set. 

Since 48s is the total amount of time you're supposed to hold for, let's start with 6x8s. That still equals 48s. Try that on your next workout and, if that goes well, add another set of 8s the next time. That will put you at 7x8s. Master that and make one more jump to 8x8s, for a total of 64s.

Perform the mobility the same way between each set. 

After you master 8x8s, 4x12s will be no problem and I bet you'll even be perfectly prepared for 4x18s (72 aggregate seconds).

Does this make sense?

Christopher Denzer

That is so helpful, Everett. I would never have thought of that. Thank you very much. FWIW, here's my last set of 4x12, complete with weird grimace.

 

Everett Carroll

No problem, Chris. 

For form, here are a couple of suggestions: 

1. Work to get your feet up to hip height. You want them your legs to be exactly parallel to the floor for the entire duration of each set. 

2. Point those toes and keep tension through your legs.  Quads tight. 

Film the last few sets of your next workout, PE+iM, and send in a form update if you can.

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Chris,

This is just a thought. The instability of the equalizers that you are using may result in premature fatigue in your lats and shoulders. It may be a good idea to try this exercise on a more stable surface (such as two chairs) to see if you can increase your time. Since the chairs are more stable, you should have an easier time with this position.

Christopher Denzer

Good point , Mikey! I’ll give that a try.

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Christopher Denzer said:

That is so helpful, Everett. I would never have thought of that. Thank you very much. FWIW, here's my last set of 4x12, complete with weird grimace.

 

- Considering the angle of the legs and the upper body;

-considering the backward lean of the shoulders to make the exercise easier.

I would say that you are not ready for this exercise and I want to ask you to show the mastery of the previous IM.

Christopher Denzer

Very good. I’ll dig it up or do it again.