This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Weighted Shoulder Flex Pull- sore lower back

Started by Jerh Shyang Cheng, March 27, 2018 · 1 Replies · 66 Views

Jerh Shyang Cheng

Recently I incorporated this exercise into my F1 because I always had poor shoulder extension. Instead of using a barbell I used a broomstick loaded with weight around 5kg - 10 kg for a start. The day after I experience mild sore in my lower back ( I have had experience with herniated disc ) . Is it normal for me to feel this or am I not prepared for this exercise? Thoughts?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

This exercise is not inserted into F1 for one reason, if you do not have a very good pike, something that YOU MUST have  before beginning the F4 accordingly with the IM of F1-2-3 the risk is that,  in case of poo shoulder extension, the weight is too far from your body and the lower back begins to suffer exactly as in a deadlift if you do not hold the weight closer to the legs.

You are not ready for that.