This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretching question

Started by Miranda Reed, March 26, 2018 · 4 Replies · 167 Views

Miranda Reed

Hello. I am new and an "unlimited member".

I tried to do the thoracic bridge video and was doing well until we reached the bridge exercises on the stall bar. I have horrible shoulder/upper back flexibility and am not currently able to do these stretches (and my stall bar hasn't arrived yet).

Do I still click the Did you do the exercise? "Done" option? Or are you only supposed to click "done" if you did all the exercises correctly? I don't want the series to continue to progress and get more difficult when I can't do the current exercises. 

Thank you all for your help.

 

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Miranda,

Welcome to GymnasticBodies! In this case, the best option to take is to select done since you put in the time effort to go as far as you could. If you’d like, you can note where you left off and keep working diligently until you are able to perform the elevated bridge progressions.

Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have. The forum is a great place to learn and gain motivation from.

Miranda Reed

Dear Mikey,

Thanks for the quick response. I thought of another question. I bought the GB back band for use with my stall bar (when it arrives) and I'm wondering if you consider it safe to use it as a "spot" for thoracic bridge off the stall bar until I gain strength/mobility in my shoulders. 

Thanks!! 

Everett Carroll

Hey Miranda,

That's an interesting idea. It is totally normal to not be able to complete the entire series at first. In that case, we suggest simply stopping the series early instead. Just work as far into the series as you can for right now; the exercises that come before will steadily prepare you for the bridge work. 

Jennifer Marie

Hi Miranda, 

I've used the band to help get into an elevated bridge. But if your shoulders and back are tight or weak, it's best to follow Everett's advice and stop before the actual bridge work. Spend some weeks or months on that first part of the video, preparing your body for an elevated bridge.