This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE2 Form Check

Started by Benjamin Nutt, March 26, 2018 · 20 Replies · 208 Views

Benjamin Nutt

 

Hey folks. How do my Straddle-Ups look? Would love feedback/form improvements.

Everett Carroll

Hey Benjamin,

Thanks for sending this in. The biggest thing I want you to work on right now is keeping your knees straight. Really work on maintaining tension in your legs throughout each set. Engaging your quads and keeping your toes pointed will really help with this. 

Benjamin Nutt
Just now, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Benjamin,

Thanks for sending this in. The biggest thing I want you to work on right now is keeping your knees straight. Really work on maintaining tension in your legs throughout each set. Engaging your quads and keeping your toes pointed will really help with this. 

Thank you for your quick feedback, @Everett Carroll. I'll work on this cue and post an update next time I train this movement - hopefully it looks better then!

Benjamin Nutt

@Everett Carroll, I focused on squeezing the quads super hard to keep the legs as straight as possible. I feel like #1 and #3 look pretty okay and #2 looks rough. Thoughts?

Benjamin Nutt
On 4/2/2018 at 1:02 PM, Benjamin Nutt said:

@Everett Carroll, I focused on squeezing the quads super hard to keep the legs as straight as possible. I feel like #1 and #3 look pretty okay and #2 looks rough. Thoughts?

Bumping - can I get some feedback as to whether or not any of these reps are looking better?

Jeffrey Bittner

You're headed in the right direction, Benjamin! You are still picking up a small amount of knee bend during your reps, however, you've already improved quite a bit. Keep it up!

Benjamin Nutt
13 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

You're headed in the right direction, Benjamin! You are still picking up a small amount of knee bend during your reps, however, you've already improved quite a bit. Keep it up!

Thanks jeffrey! I’ve actually decided to use the 5*5 and 5*10 templates for now and focus SUPER hard on locking out my legs before moving on to the 5*15 template!

Mark Chin

Side note: the Batman PJs are awesome. 

Petra Kmecová
1 hour ago, Mark Chin said:

Side note: the Batman PJs are awesome. 

Haha, indeed, I was just about to write that!! 

Benjamin Nutt
11 hours ago, Mark Chin said:

Side note: the Batman PJs are awesome. 

Haha, thank you! As you see I take my training very seriously. ;)

Benjamin Nutt

wanted to post an updated Form Check. I’ve been focused on contracting my legs super hard and keeping them straight.

how am I looking?

Everett Carroll

Hey Benjamin,

The legs are looking better. Keeping your quads engaged is a great habit to form early on so nice job attending to it. My only suggestion now is to work on sitting up taller and lifting your legs higher without compromising the width of your straddle. 

Benjamin Nutt

Awesome, @Everett Carroll. Thank you for the feedback. 

Would you suggest staying at this step and working on those two points before moving on to Step 5?

Everett Carroll

No, keep advancing but keep a strong focus on increasing your ROM.

Try adding 2-3 sets of roughly 30-second static holds after each workout where you aim to "balance" in the top position and compress as much as possible.

Benjamin Nutt

Wonderful. Thanks!

Benjamin Nutt

Still cranking away at these!

Alessandro Mainente

HI Benjamin, only for my curiosity, are you doing any sort of additional work for your pancake?

Benjamin Nutt
1 minute ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Benjamin, only for my curiosity, are you doing any sort of additional work for your pancake?

I certainly am, @Alessandro Mainente  - I've been doing the GB Middle Split course once a week for the past year and a half.

I'm open to any suggestions you might have for further training! My flexibility has improved over time, but it clearly still has a LONG way to go.

Alessandro Mainente

Probaly I would add an exercise from the MS course all the days in order to improve a bit more your pancake.

Benjamin Nutt
3 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Probaly I would add an exercise from the MS course all the days in order to improve a bit more your pancake.

Got it! Any specific recommendations?

Alessandro Mainente

Well, during pancake where do you feel the tension? groin or knees?