This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

FL PE4 + iM Form Check

Started by Benjamin Nutt, March 26, 2018 · 8 Replies · 87 Views

Benjamin Nutt

 

Hi all! Had my first day of FL PE4 today so I wanted to check my form. My apartment is tiny and the angle kind of sucks but I appreciate any feedback.

Everett Carroll

Hey Benjamin,

I like the smoothness of your rocks a lot! Keep that up while you work on keeping your feet a bit lower to the ground. 

I also noticed your hip angle was changing as you rocked backward. This is tied to keeping your feet lower, but also be sure to squeeze your glutes and watch out for the foot flick. It's your body being tricky and sneaking in a little extra momentum. 

Benjamin Nutt
Just now, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Benjamin,

I like the smoothness of your rocks a lot! Keep that up while you work on keeping your feet a bit lower to the ground. 

I also noticed your hip angle was changing as you rocked backward. This is tied to keeping your feet lower, but also be sure to squeeze your glutes and watch out for the foot flick. It's your body being tricky and sneaking in a little extra momentum. 

Squeeze glutes, keep feet closer to the ground. Got it, Thank you, @Everett Carroll !

Benjamin Nutt

@Everett Carroll , here is an updated form check. Squeezed my glutes super hard and focused on keeping my feet low. Do these look better?

Everett Carroll

MUCH better, Benjamin. One more small tweak and you're there: rock back just a bit further, right to the base of your shoulder blades. 

Benjamin Nutt

Awesome. Thanks so much!

Jon Douglas

Rocks look really nice. You may find that you need to push your chin back a little (extending the line of your upper spine through the top of your head) as you move onto FL 5/6 and hanging work, to avoid neck fatigue and dodge the potential bad habit of crunching up and losing your line :) This can possibly bleed over into other straight body work including handstands and bridges if it becomes a habit, so it's a good thing to monitor.

Benjamin Nutt

Hwy folks! Tested for Mastery today. Focused on keeping hip angle solid, legs tight, and NOT flicking feet.

 

How am I looking?

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Benjamin,

Nice work! I say you most certainly achieved mastery!