When attempting pancake, it’s impossoble to keep a flat back or APT. My chest is basically vertical and the floor and toes a mile away. Since my daughter is still waking up very early in her young age, I have her helping me. I fight to keep a straight back and she pushes me forward. Is there a problem with this approach?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Push in the back for pancake
Started by Tyler Smith, March 24, 2018 · 10 Replies · 186 Views
HI Tyler, in this case, put something under your groin so that you can elevate the hips and the gravity will help you to move lower.
Sounds painful, but I’ll try it! Thanks!
One more question regarding middle splits—
I can’t rememebr what the exercise is called, but it is the movement at the end of the routine where you sweep the legs around in a windmill while laying on your back. My hips click when I bring my legs around. Is that normal? How can I prevent that?
They are the supine flair, also my hips pop too. I think that is can be correlated to the slide of the hips flexor on the bursa. the pop can be referred to the lower back or more to the anterior hip?
The pop is in the hip for sure. Every time I bring the leg around and down to where it is nearly horizontal with the floor and on its way in.
Something that happens also to me, are you holding a good flat back on the floor during the pop?
Yes. Completely flat. Is this happening to others? I’m hesitant to do the movement on a regular basis.
I get a pop on just one side in about the same position. It's also the side that's suffered other imbalances, so you have my curiosity piqued here.
I don't have any pain from it. Nor does it ache afterwards, so it's not gotten much attention so far.
I'll admit, I may not keep my lower back flat. I'm focused on trying to keep my legs moving in different directions and not letting the knees bend. I'll check that back position next session.
Also me no problem at all, it can be the psoas moving on the bursa and nothing more.
I had clicking hip in this exercise the first 2 months but now it´s gone.
I sometimes have clicking hips when I walk though but I have been told by a doctor that it´s nothing to worry about unless it´ s painful. Probably a tendon moving over the trocanter. (If I remember correctly)