Hi! Just tried Cossack squats. How do they look?
IM
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Zachary Ladwig, March 23, 2018 · 8 Replies · 79 Views
Hi! Just tried Cossack squats. How do they look?
IM
Hey Zachary,
Very nice start. I only have a few small adjustments to recommend. Firstly, on your Cossack squats be sure to keep the extended leg completely straight (no bending at the knee). You seem to only have this issue while squatting to your left.
Second, on your twisting squats, aim to rotate around as smoothly as possible so that your feet don’t stick to the floor.
Other than that, you are doing an excellent job!
@Mikey Cunanan thanks!
how does today’s effort look?
I noticed that when you move on your right leg you test to twist more the upper body and lean on the bent knee rather than the left. can you try to reduce this work?
Hey Zachary,
Other than what Alessandro already stated, this is a great improvement. As your hips become more mobile, you should be able to reduce the amount of lean in your torso.
most recent attempt. @Mikey Cunanan I think I did a little better not leaning as much, but I think I can still do better
1 hour ago, Zachary Ladwig said:
most recent attempt. @Mikey Cunanan I think I did a little better not leaning as much, but I think I can still do better
Hey Zachary,
Very nice improvement. I like where you are headed with these. Keep up the great work.
@Mikey Cunanan
i think these look better (except for weird bouncing). What do you think?
43 minutes ago, Zachary Ladwig said:@Mikey Cunanan
i think these look better (except for weird bouncing). What do you think?
Zachary! These look great. I too like to experiment with bouncing (pulsing) on occasion. This helps wake up the stretch reflex in the hips.
You should be more than prepared for the next progression.