This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Jefferson Curl Volume

Started by Brandon Russell, March 23, 2018 · 2 Replies · 175 Views

Brandon Russell

I am working through the Foundation 1 series and the Stretch Series. My hamstring mobility is poor, but has begun improving with the addition of Jefferson Curls.

Once a week, as part of Core programming, I perform Jefferson Curls with only 5lbs and take it super slow.

Would I be okay to add 10 or so Jefferson Curls (unweighted) to my "routine" just randomly throughout the day, everyday? That is 10 total per day.

I am 32, relatively strong, and otherwise fit, but my mobility is not fantastic. For instance, I touched my toes last weekend for the first time since toddlerhood.

This gentle rythm of additional Jefferson Curls would appear to be a way to accelerate progress, but I am cautious when trying to accelerate progress with mobility.

Thank you.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Brandon, JC is useful when it uses weight. BUt as weighted mobility on the spine is has a high impact. My suggestion is building up some weight FIRST then, when you can do it with 15-20 kg you can consider to use half weight on other days.

Brandon Russell

Interesting. Hadn't considered that approach. Thank you.