This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

weak link in Foundation 1 Upper & Core - my left elbow

Started by Anthony Del Balso, March 23, 2018 · 3 Replies · 129 Views

Anthony Del Balso

I read some GST material recently on wrist prep, and it mentioned if your wrists are your weak point, they can hold back lots of other progress.

This came to mind for me wrt my left elbow, as an area where I feel a weak link. Both my elbows hyperextend, and my left elbow has hyper-rotation ROM as well. I've found in all the straight arm exercises where I need to PUSH, that as I tire, it starts to feel unstable and I have to focus on my arm.  The exercises which I notice this include:

Xiao Peng

Scap Shrugs (aka power push ups)

Table

Seated Russion Twists

Stiff Leg Windmill

Plank

Pushups

What would you recommend to stabilize this and / or strengthen the position for straight arm strength training?

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Anthony, the elbows instability can be in a different direction, medial and lateral instability. Do you know something more? unfortunately, I tend to stay away from the suggestion of this type because I have no idea about your situation and I suggest you to stay away from web suggestions. If you need deep diagnosis look for a specialist with a face to face work.

Anthony Del Balso

Hi

It's never given me a problem, so I haven't ever had it looked at, so I am not able to accurately describe the motion in medical terms. It's not unstable in the sense that it hasn't ever dislocated. It just feels like it's a loose even when I'm trying to hold a stiff arm position.  It may just hold me back a bit longer from moving ahead as it requires more concentration for me to hold some of the positions. Hopefully the straight arm strength training will improve this over time.

Thank you

Anthony Del Balso

Hi Alessandro

Just a quick update. I've been paying closer attention to my right arm elbow position in the exercises, and trying to match that in my left arm. It feels like it's starting to reduce that sensation of instability.