This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Nursing a legacy muscle pull

Started by David Erwin, March 20, 2018 · 2 Replies · 106 Views

David Erwin

I'm a sedentary desk jockey on my 4th week of Lower, Mid and upper body strength and all three stretch courses. Previously I spent a year moving through the Foundations course on and off, which helped me get past a variety of chronic injuries (mostly shoulder) that I'd been carefully cultivating over the past decade. I'm feeling great and making exciting progress, except for one lingering issue:

I have a what I believe to be a muscle pull in my gracilis or other long muscle on the inside of my upper leg. It could also be a tendon, not sure. Whereas all other things that I stretch move from tight to warm to flexible as I progress through the series, this on goes from tight to searing pain. I've been riding that edge and working on everything around it as much as possible with aggravating it. 4 weeks in now, however, it's not improving and I've even re-pulled it once about a week ago, which seems to have set me way back.

How would you recommend I approach dealing with such a damaged muscle/tendon?

Thanks in advance!

David

Alessandro Mainente

HI, David, I'm sorry about your problem but the approach can vary from muscles problem up to tendon problem. if you do not recognize where the problem is located nobody can give you a reasonable opinion. if the pain persists more than 4 weeks probably you need to investigate more.

David Erwin

Thanks Alessandro. Writing the above I realize how little I know about the individual muscles and connective tissue and how to resolve issues. Time to study and, if that doesn't work, go to a specialist.

Best,
David