This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Start-up after a break from F1 (but not from training)

Started by Thomas Nordman, March 20, 2018 · 5 Replies · 114 Views

Thomas Nordman

Hi,

I need some advice on how to start-up after a (no too long) break from F1. For the PE's where I've reached the later steps (> 5 or so) I feel confident that starting at one or two steps lower will be the best option, and then fairly quickly (I hope) work myself back to the step I previously left off. But what is the recommendation for the elements I just had mastered and started a new excersise. Here is my specific example (element HBP):

 

November: mastered HBP/PE2 (after spending quite some time on this PE), 6 sessions of HBP/PE3 (step 1)

December: HBP/PE3 (step 3), 7 sessions

January: HBP/PE3 (step 3), 2 sessions,  break from Foundation (XC skiing competition season starts)

February: no Foundation training (XC skiing competition season)

March (until today):  no Foundation training (XC skiing competition ends)

 

Should I prove myself and attempt mastering HBP/PE2 once again? Or just start over on HBP/PE3 step 1 ? 

Appreciate your thoughts here.

Alessandro Mainente

As you mentioned I suggest you step back to the mastery of the previous elements, then hold it for 2-4 sessions. then move on.

Thomas Nordman

@Alessandro Mainente does that imply mastering the element in those 2-4 sessions or just stay on step 9? For some elements mastering will probably be possible within a few sessions, but I think for HBP/PE(2) in particular it will take more sessions to get into gold standard mastery shape again. The break aside I think the peak endurance needed for mastering PE(2) surely was lost quite soon  after moving on to PE(3).

Alessandro Mainente

I mean, reach the mastery again in step 9 , then perform it again so that you can say that the mastery is easy again, then move on.

Thomas Nordman

Understood @Alessandro Mainente. Thanks.

Even without a break, how often should one revisit previous progressions and re-master these?

Alessandro Mainente

Couple of times.