This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/SE3 Form Check

Started by Jon Thornham, March 20, 2018 · 5 Replies · 81 Views

Jon Thornham

I was hoping to get feedback on my form for SL/SE3.  The room is small and I apologize that I am not fully in the frame in all shots.  I provided three angles for each side.  

https://youtu.be/M--5fwP5EZM

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI JOn, your execution shows a piked video, while the video in the course page shows hips completely flat. You need to correct this.

Jon Thornham
7 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI JOn, your execution shows a piked video, while the video in the course page shows hips completely flat. You need to correct this.

Thanks for the reply.  Are you referring to the pike in the block position prior to the press?  I believe I am flat once I press up but I am definitely piked before pressing.  

Alessandro Mainente

In the block position. it should be the beginning of the exercise.

Jon Thornham
1 hour ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

In the block position. it should be the beginning of the exercise.

Thank you.  How does the end of the movement look.  Assuming I correct the beginning am I headed in the right direction?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Well is must be correct because the goal of the video is leaving only one leg at a time. the sequence should be:

-push out both legs;

-one is held on the floor, the other reaches the lower side level position;

-the lower leg reaches too on the lower side lever position.

-then the lower leg move back reaching the floor;

-the top leg moves to the lower leg;

-both legs return in the front support position

 

IN your video seems there is no contact with the floor.