I don't know if this was discussed before, but what's the difference between a handstand with an arched back and a handstand with a straight back? Many old time gymnasts have performed the handstand in the latter position. Just wondering.
Daniel
Started by ilove2workout28, April 7, 2010 · 3 Replies · 2,852 Views
I don't know if this was discussed before, but what's the difference between a handstand with an arched back and a handstand with a straight back? Many old time gymnasts have performed the handstand in the latter position. Just wondering.
Daniel
They feel completely different to me. I prefer the straight body handstand, and don’t even bother with arched. I prefer the straight body handstand because it ultimately leads to more advanced handstand variations.
The proper one in gymnastics is the straight one.
Straight is better technique and is preferential because it leads into the development of high level skills better.