This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Frog rocks -- pain in knees

Started by Eugene Romaniuk 213670, March 20, 2018 · 4 Replies · 97 Views

Eugene Romaniuk 213670

I'm noticing that in the Diamond Frog, Frog and Frog Rock some pain in my inner knees (where the bone meets the floor/mat). I'm doing them using a yoga mat, but even when its folded over twice feel it. Its not so much that it bothers me, I can deal with it 'but wonder if its damaging to the joints and ligaments in any way. Is this something to be avoided? And if so how to overcome it?

 

Thanks 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Eugene, it can be only a problem of pressure, how are you positioning your feet on the floor?

Oussama KHELLADI

yoga mat is not very thick at least 2 cm mat tickness to protect your knees also contract the glutes while widening your frog 

Eugene Romaniuk

Thanks Oussama

Alessandro,

I tried them again yesterday and somehow just having a bit more familiarity and knowing what I was doing lessened it. All that remains now are my tight adductors :P

Alessandro Mainente

happy to hear that!