This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL PE10 form check

Started by Michael Stanwyck, March 19, 2018 · 5 Replies · 79 Views

Michael Stanwyck

I’m looking to pass this:

thanks

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Michael, this is a common mistake when we do not have a reference behind the shoulder like a stallbar. Ideally, the shoulder should stay in place. IN fact, if shoulders move is because the spine is not twisting enough.

Michael Stanwyck

Ok, I’ll add a bar behind shoulders and resubmit

 

thanks

Michael Stanwyck

Ok, this is a whole different ball game. I’m not sure my trunk rotates that much. I cannot keep my opposite shoulder pinned down. What should I do?

 

all of this rotation should be below the rib cage?? I’m not seeing that in the example video. He looks like he’s coming off the stall bars pretty significantly

Alessandro Mainente

The video is purely demonstrative.If you can show the same execution of the video is ok in order to move on. in the long term, you can use this exercise as a reference to understand limitation in twisting range of motion. Also, try to still improve it.

Michael Stanwyck

Got it, thanks. Adding that second bar at my shoulders significantly increases the difficulty of the movement. Looks like I’ll stick With it