This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN/SE9 form check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, March 19, 2018 · 8 Replies · 116 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello GB community!

I would like to know if my straddle L is peformed correctly!

Here's a video from both front and side view.

Front view:

Side View:

I've been focusing on not touching thighs with my arms, as it is clearly stated on the video description.

How does my form look? Any feedback will be appreciated!

Thnaks to all!

Alessandro

 

 

 

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Alessandro, well if you are touching the forearm you need to correct this. Also, strive to move the feet higher than the knees and knees higher than the hips. this comes more natural if you try to move your hips a bit lower.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
18 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Alessandro, well if you are touching the forearm you need to correct this. Also, strive to move the feet higher than the knees and knees higher than the hips. this comes more natural if you try to move your hips a bit lower.

Thanks Ale, I imagined that my legs should be a bit higher!...

in the form shown in the video I'm not touching forearm, however if I realized that If I try to lower a bit my hips I slighlty touch them with my inner thighs... 

I'm going to fix my form as best as I can. 

Thanks again!

 

 

Antonio Alías Montoya

Maybe is just my observation, but I feel like your progress is speeding up so much since last summer or so @Alessandro Di Sanzo! Is is possible that the seminar you attended last summer has something to do with it? Don t misunderstand me, I know you are training hard and you were training hard before the seminar as well... but I remember a check form of your PPP not so far ago! Congratulations, I always like your form.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
5 minutes ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

Maybe is just my observation, but I feel like your progress is speeding up so much since last summer or so @Alessandro Di Sanzo! Is is possible that the seminar you attended last summer has something to do with it? Don t misunderstand me, I know you are training hard and you were training hard before the seminar as well... but I remember a check form of your PPP not so far ago! Congratulations, I always like your form.

Hi @Antonio Alías Montoya... No, I would say what I learnt during the seminar is not highly related to my "fast" recent progressess, even though I received beautiful tips just for the first progressions covered in foundation one that I didn't know about. 

Simply I realized that in foundation two there are progressions with 5x5 requirements mastery that I found quite easy (probably my light body helped me! :D). But don't worry, the struggle in tuck planche, straddle L, front pulls etc. is guaranteed even for me! Consider also that I've been still working on some elements for a very long time (arch body rocks above all!).

 

 

 

Antonio Alías Montoya
3 hours ago, Alessandro Di Sanzo said:

Hi @Antonio Alías Montoya... No, I would say what I learnt during the seminar is not highly related to my "fast" recent progressess, even though I received beautiful tips just for the first progressions covered in foundation one that I didn't know about. 

Simply I realized that in foundation two there are progressions with 5x5 requirements mastery that I found quite easy (probably my light body helped me! :D). But don't worry, the struggle in tuck planche, straddle L, front pulls etc. is guaranteed even for me! Consider also that I've been still working on some elements for a very long time (arch body rocks above all!).

 

 

 

I understand. From what I ve seen in the forum generally progressing through F2 is faster than through F1, and then things get complicated again on F3 and 4! I m still on push ups and ground rows, working on them for 10 serious months already! It seems like forever... I hope it will pay off and not every progression will take me a year or more. I just did 5x10 reps push ups and almost vomited at the end... :lol: I weight almost 80 kg, but Alessandro Mainente looks way bigger than me so I won t use it as excuse! Anyway, good to see you are progressing. Enjoy the flow.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
38 minutes ago, Antonio Alías Montoya said:

I understand. From what I ve seen in the forum generally progressing through F2 is faster than through F1, and then things get complicated again on F3 and 4! I m still on push ups and ground rows, working on them for 10 serious months already! It seems like forever... I hope it will pay off and not every progression will take me a year or more. I just did 5x10 reps push ups and almost vomited at the end... :lol: I weight almost 80 kg, but Alessandro Mainente looks way bigger than me so I won t use it as excuse! Anyway, good to see you are progressing. Enjoy the flow.

Oh yeah, my body is definitely different from yours! :lol:

Well, in summary I would say these are the progression that I found the hardest to master so far:

- FL: hollow body rocks & negative front pull

- RC: bent arm chin hang (the previous mastery requirement was 5x60 sec) + TOPs

- sPL: floor planche lean rulez

- SLS: natural leg curl (this is mainly due to my ACL surgery)

- MN: that damned half lsit!

- SL: arch body rocks (still working on it)

- HBP: PPP with no doubt

Thinking better, half lsit and PPP the hardest of all!

Antonio Alías Montoya

Looong way ahead for me! 

Jin Liu
17 minutes ago, Alessandro Di Sanzo said:

Oh yeah, my body is definitely different from yours! :lol:

Well, in summary I would say these are the progression that I found the hardest to master so far:

- FL: hollow body rocks & negative front pull

- RC: bent arm chin hang (the previous mastery requirement was 5x60 sec) + TOPs

- sPL: floor planche lean rulez

- SLS: natural leg curl (this is mainly due to my ACL surgery)

- MN: that damned half lsit!

- SL: arch body rocks (still working on it)

- HBP: PPP with no doubt

Thinking better, half lsit and PPP the hardest of all!

I agree with all of it (for the ones i have done)!! + hinge row (I think it was PE1 in RC and was 5x15r. Now it got moved to PE5 and became 5x5r. 5x15r was really hard...)