This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My planche addiction

Started by Garry Barker, March 16, 2018 · 5 Replies · 204 Views

Garry Barker

Hi all 

Just wondered if the coaches though this was a good idea or not.

I’m currently on PE5 planch leans 5 x 10s

I do upper body around every 3/4 days or whenever I feel recovered

On my upper body day I train previously mastered PE's throughout the day before doing the follow along after work

I don’t complete the mobility with the following as there is nowhere to do it at work so instead I try to gradually drop the rest time from 60s to 10s or no rest

This is where I am at the moment.

PE4 single arm plank holds 6 x 30s       (currently 1st 3 sets no rest / last three sets 40s rest)

PE3 plank holds 5 x 60s      (currently 40s rest in between sets)

PE1 scap shrugs 5 x 10r      (currently 10s rest in between sets. (30s to complete 10 shrugs)

normally an hour in between each exercise.

 

Then when I get home I will do the upper body workout follow along with mobility as normal and they don't feel effected in any way.

PE1 incline push ups

PE1 ground rows

Pe5 planche lean

I will also do a set of the earlier mastered SPL IM’s at the end of my workout.

I have done this throughout SPL and feel as though I am progressing well even after 5 months out with injury. I know I can’t keep doing this with every PE as I move on but I don’t want to lose the earlier PE’s because I remember how tough the were to achieve, plus I enjoy the challenge of going for less and less time in between sets.

Has anyone who is further in the element ever tried this approach or any thoughts from the coaches whether there will be any benefit from this in the long run? 

Thank you.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Garry probably now you can do it because you are in foundations 1, in the nearly future from foundations 2 up to 4 you will be unable to do that, more hard exercise, more joint stress, more CNS stress.

Garry Barker

Thanks for the reply @Alessandro Mainente

I will stuck with this untill moving onto. F2 

If i go back to F1 in the future after advancing and can't  master the PE's anymore does this mean there has become a weakness or is it not necessary to be able to master the old PE's?

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

The primary goal of F1 is building up the body, the alignment and the joint for the future development which moves more into the strength related movement rather than work capacity. for this reason, you cannot maintain all the previous mastery. But you still need to maintain some elements that you have already mastered. If I'm working on dips variation in F2 I will hold in my warmup at least 10 reps of HBP PE3.

Antonio Alías Montoya
18 hours ago, Garry Barker said:

Thanks for the reply @Alessandro Mainente

I will stuck with this untill moving onto. F2 

If i go back to F1 in the future after advancing and can't  master the PE's anymore does this mean there has become a weakness or is it not necessary to be able to master the old PE's?

 

 

I m not advanced at all but my opinion is that when you advance to 5x5 templates (more strenght) it s not possible to keep mastery of F1 progressions because there is an endurance that will be lost. However I believe that although you won t be able to master an old progression straight away, you should be able to master after a few workouts. But it may happen as well that you improve your form so much that the exercise become way much harder!

Garry Barker
10 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

The primary goal of F1 is building up the body, the alignment and the joint for the future development which moves more into the strength related movement rather than work capacity.

I get it now. I haven't seen F2 elements yet and im sure i will get a reality check when i start working through them. 

Its kind of become a personal goal to have all the F1 SPL elements mastered now so ill stick at it until F2 (hopefully it will have some benefits) and then just do what is required :wacko: