This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stretching

Started by Arsen Giller, March 16, 2018 · 2 Replies · 127 Views

Arsen Giller

Hi All,

So i've been doing the stretch series for about 2 months. I've been following the recommended 1 series per week.

Prior to starting this program, i tweaked my lower back/hip area on the left side of my body doing deadlifts. Probably from overuse. I've been to lazy, stubborn etc to get it professionally evaluated.

I took a month off and started this program with the intention to rebuild my foundation from the ground up and so far i'm happy. Between the rest and the stretching the injury is bothering me much less. I feel particularly good after front splits, and i suspect the tightness in my back has much to do with tight quads/hams.

Here is what I'm wondering about:

Although its only recommended to the series once per week, is it ok for me to be supplementing with daily stretching of my problem areas? If it is, can anyone advise on some general guidelines with this.

thanks in advance,

Arsen

Alessandro Mainente

HI Arsen, probably adding another session NOW is not the best choice. I mean that getting back a basic tissue elasticity is ok but also strength is important. Are you implementing a rehab strength program?

Arsen Giller

Hi Alessandro,

I am not implementing a rehab strength program. I am doing F1, Stretch, and H1. Im doing F1, H1 elements twice a week, and stretch once a week.

I'm not looking to do the stretch twice a week, what I'm asking is would it benefit me to do some additional ham or quad stretches daily if I'm noticing my lower back is getting tight? Or if i'm feeling tightness/soreness, should i be backing off?

thanks,