Hello GST
Thanks again for the courses! I want to improve my workout consistency, and a tool I'm starting to use to help me with that, is scheduling my workouts in advance. While I hope this will leads to progression, my MAIN goal right now is to focus on consistency, to build my routine to include GST to the degree that I will avoid gaps in my working out. To that end, I'm establishing a target schedule.
I've found this recommendation in the course library:
https://my.gymnasticbodies.com/f-schedules/
However, since the updated GST Foundation 1 the course selection and videos suggest a different approach. For example, I've been doing all Core work in one day since the video plays FL, SL & MN. The earlier recommendation was to split some of those into different days.
I'm shooting to do each Foundation element and FS once a week. When I have the time, I try to get extra in on the CORE ones, and Lower. I tend to run into over training issues with UPPER (HBP, RC) and elbow tendonitis. For that reason I want to limit that to once a week until I have a better base. I am 46, and need more recovery than when I was younger.
I'm thinking either the 3 day schedule, or a modified 4 day (with one less HBP and RC), while adding in FS (and I like to do FL as a warmup to FS) is a good schedule.
Does that sound reasonable? Would you recommend that or something different?
Thank you for considering this!
Note: while the other stretch series are recommended every week, I've found trying to fit those in is one of the challenges which has led me to taking breaks in the past. My goal is to do the above for 26 weeks straight. Then reassess what I introduce in addition once I've established consistency over a period of time.