This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WP / FKP SE4 masteries

Started by Étienne Lajeunesse, March 15, 2018 · 10 Replies · 92 Views

Étienne Lajeunesse

Hi coaches,

Can we count them as mastery?

WP 1st set 

WP last set 

FKP 1st set 

FKP last set 

Thanks a lot!

Mark Chin

Respect. How long since you started H1? 

Étienne Lajeunesse
38 minutes ago, Mark Chin said:

Respect. How long since you started H1? 

Thanks! 2 years now I think, with some up and downs (big and small ones) in the progress.

Mark Chin

Nice. It's been a year and a few months for me and I have a long way to go until I achieve what you display above. Well done. 

Étienne Lajeunesse
14 minutes ago, Mark Chin said:

Nice. It's been a year and a few months for me and I have a long way to go until I achieve what you display above. Well done. 

As I was telling myself the same thing, I surprised myself getting to SE4 fast enough!  Keep at it my friend, it will come!

Jin Liu

Good job!! Even when mastered, I'd still keep doing them, and gradually make them harder for yourself. Like slowing down till eliminate the momentum from pushup (or not do the pushup part at all?), or double/triple/quadruple the reps, or do it with one arm (many fun ways to break the wrists... :D )

Étienne Lajeunesse
12 minutes ago, Jin Liu said:

or do it with one arm (many fun ways to break the wrists... :D )

I'm already imagining it! Ahha

Thanks Jin! Yeah, I'll keep working on them forever.... until I can do them in straddle planche! :)

Jin Liu
1 hour ago, Étienne Lajeunesse said:

.. until I can do them in straddle planche! :)

there you go! :D 

Jennifer Marie

I'm in awe. I'm at the point where I struggle to go down on the back of the hands one at a time in plank. It's a bit scary, even though I see it's possible. Bravo Etienne!

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Etienne,

Great progress. From here, your goal is to perform each push-up as strict as possible, meaning to use solely the strength of your wrists to lower down and push back up. 

The slower the better. This will better condition the connective tissue in your wrists.

 

Étienne Lajeunesse
57 minutes ago, Mikey Cunanan said:

Hey Etienne,

Great progress. From here, your goal is to perform each push-up as strict as possible, meaning to use solely the strength of your wrists to lower down and push back up. 

The slower the better. This will better condition the connective tissue in your wrists.

 

Thanks Mikey!

In this way, mastery or not, I keep doing it.  So, with time, it'll be better.  Thanks for the tips :)