This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

What to keep as part of your warmup in H1

Started by Felipe Garcia Rosa, March 14, 2018 · 4 Replies · 160 Views

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Hey there,

This questions are about which exercises should I keep as part of my warm up/workout as I progress through the series.

I understand that once you master PE1-PE3 you never go back.

On 1/26/2016 at 11:54 PM, Coach Sommer said:

However for our defined purpose of building strength/stability while inverted, the headstand is simply a beginning step which we then move on from and leave behind.

1) What about PE4-6 once we reach PE7 until the 120s handstand? Should I keep all, some or none of them as part of my warmup?

2) From PE7 to 120s handstand we leave behind every step?

3) What about PE3iM, PE4iM and the dislocates? should I keep doing any of them?

Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

When you have mastered the standing dislocates you can hold them always in the warm-up.

I tend to do 4 set total, 2 prone standing and 2 supine standing with the goal of long-term improvements + the last PE and IM mastered. 

 

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Thanks Alessandro!

This means that I can leave PE3-4iMs behind once I master them? So dislocates would do a better job?

Alessandro Mainente

You can use them in other days. Personally for me my warm up for handstand now is:

-2 minutes on the floor

-1 minutes on pbars

-30'' on cubes

-15 kg prone standing dislocates

-10 kg supine standing dislocates

Felipe Garcia Rosa

Thanks for sharing. For the dislocates, you refer to PE5 and 6 iMs?