This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scheduling running with stretch series

Started by Lewis Morton, March 13, 2018 · 4 Replies · 213 Views

Lewis Morton

Hi there

I have a questions about running and the stretch series, would anyone recommend scheduling the front or side split series right after running?

I run around 2-3 miles at the moment and I'm running 2 to 3 times per week. 

For me it would be convenient to do it this way, I'm just wondering if there are any negative effects of doing it this way or if it would be better to do it alone without any other lower body exercise.

Regards

Lewis

Everett Carroll

Hey Lewis,

Great question. Doing them after your workouts is a great idea as they'll increase your recovery and help prevent your muscles from getting excessively tight after the session. I love pairing a run with front split and swimming with thoracic or middle split. 

Lewis Morton

Thanks Everett,

I appreciate the quick response. 

Jonas Berglund
On 2018-03-13 at 5:43 PM, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Lewis,

Great question. Doing them after your workouts is a great idea as they'll increase your recovery and help prevent your muscles from getting excessively tight after the session. I love pairing a run with front split and swimming with thoracic or middle split. 

Great topic, Everett in a perfect world; Would you suggest stretching immediately after the running session or wait 1-3hours? Ive heard theorys speaking for both

 

Everett Carroll

I've had good results with both but I typically have to let my schedule dictate when I can stretch, and not science ;) If I can get it done right away, I do. Otherwise, it might be missed.