This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS/PE1>iM form check (unweighted)

Started by Michaël Van den Berg, March 12, 2018 · 2 Replies · 52 Views

Michaël Van den Berg

Hi guys. Quick form check here. I normally do these with a 2kg plate on the dowel but did this quick video just to check form. One thing I am not sure of is how wide my hands need to be since my elbows hyperextend a bit. Note that I am actively pulling my ribs in but when I bend forward they seem to stick out a bit (perhaps I lose ab contraction a bit, but my lower ribcage tends to stick out anyway). I also need to keep my head more neutral I guess, although this is pretty close to my neutral :) last but not least, I assume that a little more shoulder flexion won't hurt. The amount of flexion shown here is more or less what I started with - I haven't really done many HS workouts yet.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work, by the way 30-40 degrees of lean are enough, lean and hold for time.

Michaël Van den Berg

Thanks Alessandro. To be honest, I'm not able to lean quite as far with a weighted dowel if I want to maintain shoulder flexion ;)

Is the amount of shoulder flexion and grip width okay like this? Then I can focus on getting to 5x10s with weight (mastery is 2kg, right?).