This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Quick Pe1/iM form check

Started by Ronnicky Roy, March 12, 2018 · 8 Replies · 116 Views

Ronnicky Roy

Just a quick form check on my PE1 mobility. I think I'm being strict enough with my form. I feel all the work in my shoulders and upper back. Is my back straight enough here?

20180312_135819.jpg

Alessandro Mainente

hey Ronnicky, I still prefer a video from both side and back view for correct evaluation. Do not stick your chest out.

Ronnicky Roy

Will do. I'll do a recording when I get back to the house

Ronnicky Roy

oIDtc8dTvTDMo

 

Did these cold, but I think it's a fair assessment. I just noticed I pull the bar to the left just slightly 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ronnicky,

Thank you for taking the time to shoot a video. Like you said, you are currently pulling the bar off to the left side. Doing this exercise in front of a mirror will help you to keep the bar centered. Before moving on, work on bringing your hands closer together. Your goal is to be able to open the shoulders to 180 degrees with your hands placed at shoulder width. As you open your shoulders, try not to push your head forward or duck your chin to your chest. Instead, try to keep your head in a neutral position. Nice job so far!

Ronnicky Roy

Will take those changes into my next warmup tomorrow morning. Thank you for your time guys

Ronnicky Roy

 

Update with the fixes. Upon closer look it seems to me I'm still not keeping my ribs down. Figdetted a bit trying to relax the neck and not lurch my head forward.

Alessandro Mainente

HI Ronnick, I think that you are pulling too much, strive for 180° of flexion, not more. You can definitely move on here.

Ronnicky Roy

Woo!