This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/PE7>iM (inside squat) question

Started by Michaël Van den Berg, March 10, 2018 · 2 Replies · 52 Views

Michaël Van den Berg

Hi all, quick question about inside squat ROM. Context: I'm currently still at SLS/PE4 because I started in January and I don't want to rush through these progressions (also, I like the early iMs and although I can do deck squats easily I noticed that my knees wing a bit when I come up, so I want to fix that as well before moving on).

Anyway. I just tried all the F2 SLS progressions for fun and I can do all the strength and iM exercises with the form/ROM as shown in the instructional videos, except the inside squat. I can go quite deep but not as deep as shown in the video. What is the mastery standard for these? Thanks!

*edit: here is a quick video for a general idea of where I'm at. Please don't mind the holes in my knees (that's what you get when you have a three-year old running around and you play lots of games on your knees :))

 

Alessandro Mainente

You should spend on this a good amount of time, it is a wonderful exercise for the hips health.

Michaël Van den Berg

They do feel great (I'd never done them before). I still have some time to go before I reach this element but I think I'm going to add a few reps to my SLS workout from now on. But just to be sure: would my ROM here qualify as 'mastery' or should I go deeper than this before I move on to PE8 (once I get at PE7, of course :))