This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE1 form check

Started by Jason Berger, March 10, 2018 · 3 Replies · 112 Views

Jason Berger

 

 

Ok, so I'm dropping in for a form check. for the past two years I haven't been doing PE 1 properly because I saw a tip on this forum about straightening the upper back and when I tried it, it fired up my muscles in a way that they weren't used to working and which had huge potential to help me in my physio to correct kyophosis, scapula winging and rotator cuff issues. So for the past two years I've been flexing my upper back and hovering my knees a few inches above my elbows. But now I want to progress because my body is working much better.

THE LAST SET IN EACH VIDEO HAS ME TRYING THE CORRECT FORM WITH MY KNEES ON MY ELBOWS. I know the first sets aren't proper, so just ignore those I guess. It's the last set where I'm attempting the actual form.

Thanks in advance.

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

This is good Jason! what about IM?

Jason Berger
6 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

This is good Jason! what about IM?

lol my IM is awful. I'm not really understanding it at all. I've been reading it should make your traps cramp up, but I think I have tight pectoral minors and that's inhibiting my shoulder flexion so my traps never get a chance to contract. Will definitely be working on it.

Alessandro Mainente

It is perfectly possible, post a video if you want a review.