This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE3 Form Check (Psuedo Planche Pushups)

Started by Callum Muntz, March 9, 2018 · 8 Replies · 125 Views

Callum Muntz

G'day everyone,

Been working on these for a while. It is about time I threw up a video for form check. Thanks in advance!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Nice job, Callum! Work on hitting a stronger protraction at the top of your reps. Keep up the great work!

Callum Muntz

Thanks Jeffrey.

Out of interest, is the lean enough? (I mean, it could always be better, but does it meet mastery?)

Alessandro Mainente

Try to not use your feet to reduce the tendency to fall! use your shoulders!

Callum Muntz
13 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Try to not use your feet to reduce the tendency to fall! use your shoulders!

Thanks Alessandro, I understand what you're saying. Do you have any cues that can help that? It is still an intense movement for me and I get some sensory overload from time to time. Are there any tricks to being able to setup/feel your way into what you are saying?

 

Callum Muntz

Ok so I went back to five sets of six, and tried to get my protraction sorted. My gut feeling after watching this is to try and keep a stronger protraction during the downwards part of the movement. Perhaps I should go back to sets of 4 and work really hard on sustaining the protraction.

Another assessment would be very welcome?

 

Alessandro Mainente

HI Callum , since I warned you about the feet work I need a clear vision of them in order to check this detail.

Callum Muntz
On 3/12/2018 at 7:00 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

HI Callum , since I warned you about the feet work I need a clear vision of them in order to check this detail.

Thanks Alessandro,

Here is my final set out of 5x10

Callum

Alessandro Mainente

I'm pretty sure that if you relax completely your feet you should be able to reach the floor with the instep.