This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE1

Started by Nils Kernell, March 9, 2018 · 5 Replies · 73 Views

Nils Kernell

Hello, recently started HS series and I am only on PE1. I started getting sour in my neck today during workout (no real pain just felt a lot of pressure in the neck) and just wanted to make sure my form is OK. Especially I wondering if I should tilt my head less or more.

Thanks,

Nils

Mikey Cunanan

Hey Nils,

Your head position is ok. The issue stems from entering your headstand improperly (without first engaging your upper back).

After placing your hands on the ground. Place your head equal distance from both hands to create 3 bases of support. 

From there, press into your toes to lift your knees off the ground and align your hips directly over your hands and head. 

For PE 1- you will want to bring your knees into the back of your arm, resting them so that you can feel where the strength comes from.

Nils Kernell

Thanks Mikey!

Perfect, then I'll try to engage the upper back and enter the head stand as per your description next time! Will also think about bringing my knees down.

Thank you,

Nils

Nils Kernell

Hello!

Just wanted to give a quick follow-up. I tried your pointers and it felt alot better =). I filmed myself, attaching the video here.

Are there any more things I should adjust?

Best Regards,

Nils

 

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hey Nils, strive to reach the 90° of elbow flexion with forearm perpendicular to the floor. I have one client who developed a minor elbow flexor fatigue. in his case the forearms position was similar to your, you need only a few more degrees of elbow extension that the elbows flexor begin to help shoulder and triceps on pushing against the floor.

Nils Kernell

Thank you Alessandro for the feedback, will try to adjust this on my next try!

/Nils